Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WizzAir-strict about carry-on baggage?

4 posters

Go down

WizzAir-strict about carry-on baggage? Empty WizzAir-strict about carry-on baggage?

Post by crazybob Tue 25 Oct 2011 - 20:28

Hi everyone, although this is not exactly RY question, I bet many of you fly with other lowcost airlines too, so far I have never flown with WA.

The problem I have is: my carry-on is a hard case suitcase, that I cannot squeeze. The thickness is 22cm, just perfect for RY, because their baskets are actually 22x42 (according to my measurements). However WA´s basket is strictly only 20cm. My suitcase will not have overweight.

My question is: how strict is WA when it comes to measuring the luggage? What would you do?

Thank you
WizzAir-strict about carry-on baggage? 86406
crazybob
crazybob
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2010-09-01

Back to top Go down

WizzAir-strict about carry-on baggage? Empty Re: WizzAir-strict about carry-on baggage?

Post by Ryanairflyer Wed 26 Oct 2011 - 14:11

I have never flew with Wizz... but guess the airline would insist passenger baggage be within the limits set.
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

WizzAir-strict about carry-on baggage? Empty Re: WizzAir-strict about carry-on baggage?

Post by atoutprix Wed 3 Oct 2012 - 16:54

It seems that Wizzair will introduce a fee for hand baggage that don't fit under the seat in front and have to be put in the overhead bin :

1. Small cabin bag:
-If your cabin baggage is of size 42x32x25cm or smaller it can be taken onboard free of charge. It must fit under the seat in front of you. The weight allowance is 10kg.
2. Large cabin bag:
If your cabin baggage is larger than the dimensions of a small cabin bag but not exceeding 55x40x20cm, you can take it onboard for a newly introduced €10 fee. It must fit in the overhead compartment. The weight allowance is 10kg.

That fee had first been introduced last August on the London-Katowice route, but I have heard that it is to be extended to the whole W6 net at the end of this month.
A bad exemple is set !
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanAdmin Thu 5 Apr 2018 - 22:44

Topic closed and continue on our new forum.
RyanAdmin
RyanAdmin
FR Admin
FR Admin

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down