Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cabin Crew Operations

2 posters

Go down

Cabin Crew Operations Empty Cabin Crew Operations

Post by Geoffram Sun 5 May 2013 - 21:00

Every time I fly Ryanair, I notice how international the cabin crew are. But presumably one of the principles of operating a low-cost airline is that the crew never have to stay overnight in any destination, so all the flights tend to work in pairs out and back.
I flew back from Girona on the 9803 this morning and the crew seemed to be from Eastern Europe and Italy. But how does it work roster-wise? The plane I took started in London as the 9802 at 0805. Would all that crew have started in Stansted, or have come from other flights on to it? Do all four cabin crew stay as a team, or do they have to individually work flights that get them back to their home base? That must be a nightmare to schedule.
Geoffram
Geoffram
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2011-11-13

Back to top Go down

Cabin Crew Operations Empty Re: Cabin Crew Operations

Post by ALEXANDRECCFAIRPORT Thu 9 May 2013 - 16:13

The cabin crew on your flight were based at STN airport ! mostly of cabin crew come from eastern europe but there are people from everywhere : germany, seweden , italy , spain ! ! When you applied with ryanair , FR asked you to choose 3 bases ! but you are affected to 1 base ! and you return to your base everyday ! for exeample : you do : STN-GRO / GRO-STN / STN-HHN / HHN-STN ! and each day you are with differents cabin crew and pilots you re not in the same group ! one day = one group ! i hope that my answer is ok for you Smile
ALEXANDRECCFAIRPORT
ALEXANDRECCFAIRPORT
FR Veteran
FR Veteran

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2010-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Geoffram Mon 13 May 2013 - 23:44

Thank you very much. It makes perfect sense. I just couldn't believe that all those people from Eastern Europe had to find somewhere to live around Stansted! Do you know how long a 'day' is? STN-GRO is a 2-hour flight with a 25-minute turnround in GRO plus what I imagine is 30-minutes pre-flight check before they fly out of STN. That makes a total of about 5 hours. Do they then get an hour for lunch? We're up to 6 at the moment. Do they then have to take a short flight (say an hour) with 25-minute turnround to make their day 8.5 hours? Or can they fly for longer?
Geoffram
Geoffram
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2011-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post by ALEXANDRECCFAIRPORT Mon 13 May 2013 - 23:53

it depens for a day ! my first base was Dublin and i did to 6 flights per day ! but short flights as DUB-LPL-DUB-PIK-DUB-STN-DUB ! maybe 2 DUB-TFS-DUB or 4 DUB-BRS-DUB-CCF-DUB ! you have to be at the airport about 45min before your first flight for the pre flight check but you're not paid ! you can eat very quickly during the flight ! per day it's not 8,5h because a DUB-TFS plus back it's about 10hours , when the flight is on time ! you've got a maximum to fly per month
ALEXANDRECCFAIRPORT
ALEXANDRECCFAIRPORT
FR Veteran
FR Veteran

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2010-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down