Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question concerning flying from Romania

4 posters

Go down

Question concerning flying from Romania Empty Question concerning flying from Romania

Post by klorofill Wed 19 Mar 2008 - 4:51

I will be flying from Arad (Romania) to Milan on April the 1st and I've chosen the online check in feature. I have a valid national ID Card, but I don't have a passport. Will I be able to check in online with an ID Card (issued by the romanian government and valid) or only at the airport?

Answers will be very much appreciated! Thank you!
klorofill
klorofill
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-03-19

Back to top Go down

Question concerning flying from Romania Empty Re: Question concerning flying from Romania

Post by RyanAdmin Wed 19 Mar 2008 - 13:49

Is Romania in the EU or not?
RyanAdmin
RyanAdmin
FR Admin
FR Admin

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Back to top Go down

Question concerning flying from Romania Empty Re: Question concerning flying from Romania

Post by Wouter Wed 19 Mar 2008 - 14:32

Yes, since 1st January 2008.

I don't know exactly, but I think it is always convenient to have a passport, so I think you need it (for certainty).
Maybe you can ask it on the website somewhere?

By the way, welcome on the forum!
Wouter
Wouter
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2007-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix Wed 19 Mar 2008 - 17:27

The answer is on the Ryanair site, in "Travel questions" :
http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/faqs.php?sect=chk&quest=documents

A national of the EU may check on line with either a passport or a national identity card, but of course he must show at the gate the document whose details he has given when checking on line. And the said details must be exact : be sure not to make any mistake on the date, number, etc.
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by klorofill Wed 19 Mar 2008 - 21:21

Thank you for the welcome! And the answers. I've also contacted Arad Airport and they've told me that an ID card is accepted. I just wish to know if someone out of personal experience can confirm me this.

The fact is I've never used the online check in feature yet, and I don't exactly know how does it work. So I can insert ID card information not just Passport info? Is there an option to choose between checking in with and ID or a Passport?

I'm sorry for all the questions, but it's extremely important for me since I'll have to change flights. My goal is to reach Alghero (Sardinia) and the total check-in fee would be around 16 euros for 4 flights (Arad-Milano-Alghero-Milano-Arad). And I have to say that's not a negligable sum... at least not for me. Embarassed

Thank you again!
klorofill
klorofill
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix Wed 19 Mar 2008 - 23:22

On line checking is available only to passengers without checked baggage, that is to say passengers with hand baggage only, don't forget it !
http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/faqs.php?sect=chk&quest=whoco
That said, on line checking is quite easy, I do it often. Of course, you need a printer in order to print your embarcation card at the end of the process.
As it is the first time you do it, read carefully each page that appears on your screen, check the small squares as needed, and all will progress smoothly to the end.
You may check as early as 5 days before the flight if you wish, and for the return trip at the same time (if the return trip is within the same 5 days).
I am happy to welcome you amongst us, the Ryanair fans !
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by klorofill Thu 20 Mar 2008 - 19:29

atoutprix
Thanks a lot for the tips. So, as I understood you use your ID card to check in online? And yeah, I won't have any checked baggage, just a backpack which fits the regulations.

I'll post my experience and thoughts when I get back!
klorofill
klorofill
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanAdmin Thu 20 Mar 2008 - 19:43

Yes, most of us use our ID-card.
RyanAdmin
RyanAdmin
FR Admin
FR Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by klorofill Sat 5 Apr 2008 - 9:10

Hey everyone! I just came back from my trip and it was fantastic. The flights punctual, service and crew friendly, no problems at all. 4 flights in less than 3 days with Ryanair. Online check-in was perfect.

I think I just became a fan! Can't wait to fly with them again! Which will be in 2 weeks to Pisa from Constanta this time. ^^
klorofill
klorofill
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanAdmin Sat 5 Apr 2008 - 10:51

Good to hear that!!!

^^ Question concerning flying from Romania 870117

Ryanair is the best! Question concerning flying from Romania 870117
RyanAdmin
RyanAdmin
FR Admin
FR Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down