Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AENA vs Ryanair

2 posters

Go down

AENA vs Ryanair Empty AENA vs Ryanair

Post by djfwells Mon 14 Nov 2011 - 21:40

Ryanair get a lot of bad press in Spain for doing nothing more than trying to operate at a profit and deal with the Spanish Airports Authority whilst they try and squirm out of contractual obligations they have made. When half of Spanish airports are making a loss how can AENA blame Ryanair for trying to do the opposite ?
djfwells
djfwells
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2011-11-14

Back to top Go down

AENA vs Ryanair Empty Re: AENA vs Ryanair

Post by Ryanairflyer Tue 15 Nov 2011 - 16:51

A simple question would the Spanish airports and passengers be better with or without Ryanair.
Ryanair passengers contribute financially to the airports and other services i.e transfers,food ,drinks shopping etc and it also supplies locals with cheaper tickets/flights than any other carrier i know.
Air bridges will cost airlines extra and make turn arounds that little longer - example Alicante debates.. if Ryanair do pull out i am sure they will find smaller aiports and air berlin will jump in... Ryanair have a Manchester base T2 all gates are jetways but a deal was made and Ryanair still board using front and rear steps.
Without any political intentions it is my only opinion - i think it would be a bigger loss for everybody if Ryanair stopped these routes.
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by djfwells Tue 15 Nov 2011 - 22:10

of course it would be worse off.
Here in Alicante the local Tourism leaders and Hoteliers associations are leaning on the Gov't due to an estimated 2.5 million loss of visitors - on top of the potential buyers of real estate being lost.
My estimation is that the Gov't will be leaning on AENA (soon after the PP are voted in on Sunday) to back down and give Ryanair the deal that they were promised all along.
djfwells
djfwells
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2011-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down