Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Can we promote the Ryanair Fan Club?

+17
gavinol
Mrstvv
IRISHTAXIDRIVER
RyanairGrad
atoutprix
ruinair
fly4w4y
Globemaster
don_salvatore87
amnesia
skdjfhbsd
enea
Master_Dn
Adam
FR-WRO
Wouter
stuart2468
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How Can we promote the Ryanair Fan Club? Empty How Can we promote the Ryanair Fan Club?

Post by stuart2468 Thu 15 Nov 2007 - 10:34

What ideas do we think guys? We need to try to market the website. Has any such marketing taken place already?

cheers
stuart2468
stuart2468
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

How Can we promote the Ryanair Fan Club? Empty Re: How Can we promote the Ryanair Fan Club?

Post by RyanairGrad Thu 15 Nov 2007 - 11:53

Yeah that's a good question, a few weeks ago I put a link on every wikipedia page, so where are on there! Except the german version of wikipedia, they won't accept it. They keep removing it, but I keep on putting it on there...Wink....

Maybe anybody else more ideas?
RyanairGrad
RyanairGrad
FR Admin
FR Admin

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

How Can we promote the Ryanair Fan Club? Empty Re: How Can we promote the Ryanair Fan Club?

Post by Wouter Thu 15 Nov 2007 - 16:28

RyanairGrad wrote:Yeah that's a good question, a few weeks ago I put a link on every wikipedia page, so where are on there! Except the german version of wikipedia, they won't accept it. They keep removing it, but I keep on putting it on there...Wink....

Maybe anybody else more ideas?
Good job! Maybe on other forums or something?
Wouter
Wouter
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2007-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix Fri 14 Dec 2007 - 14:52

I discovered this website by typing "Ryanair fan" on Google search. "Ryanairfanclub" appears first, at the top of the list.
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by FR-WRO Sat 15 Mar 2008 - 16:17

try put some funds on google adwords

cheap websites are not working such well as cheap airlines Smile
FR-WRO
FR-WRO
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanairGrad Sun 16 Mar 2008 - 12:43

Funds? we have no funds!!Wink
RyanairGrad
RyanairGrad
FR Admin
FR Admin

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by FR-WRO Mon 17 Mar 2008 - 15:18

is there a possibility to put banner on the website? I got experience in dealing with advertising agencies and may try to arrange some companies to pay for banner. From such funds we can pay for google adwords to attract more visitors
FR-WRO
FR-WRO
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 94

Back to top Go down

Post by don_salvatore87 Tue 3 Jun 2008 - 13:04

Try to see if the Ryanair magazine could write something about the Ryanair Fan Club.
don_salvatore87
don_salvatore87
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 144
Location : Gothenburg, Sweden, closest airport: Gothenburg City Airport
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Back to top Go down

How Can we promote the Ryanair Fan Club? Empty Bebo - MySpance etc

Post by Adam Sun 13 Jul 2008 - 12:57

Why not create a Bebo or MySpace, these sites have millions of people registered and this is a quick way to get people onto the site. Asda has a fanclub on there so why not create a Ryanair page on there...Very Happy
Adam
Adam
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Master_Dn Sun 13 Jul 2008 - 17:57

ryanair magazine would be great. that's even good for FR to have a fan club.
Master_Dn
Master_Dn
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by enea Thu 28 Aug 2008 - 12:30

Try to propose a link in ryanair official page...
Try to ask ryanair responsible to answer/read question, suggestions and feedbacks of this forum

ene@
enea
enea
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by skdjfhbsd Sun 14 Dec 2008 - 3:37

For those of us who know how to play the system, and have figured out how to get hold of those elusive 1 euro fares without paying a cent extra, FR is great. Much of Europe however thinks that FR is lousy - and for good reason !

You might like to put some *subtle* postings on airliners.net - it's where many of the airplane nerds hang out on the web. Could also try sending a gentle email to some of the main airplane blogs around the web in the hope of getting a mention in a daily posting or two - have a look at something like crankyflier.com
You might also like to contact some of the travel blog sites - like jaunted.com or eurocheapo.com

It might also be worth sending a few emails to news organisations - e.g. BBC. If they mention this website, it'll probably be something like 'For all those of you who have a loathing of MOL, here's something you won't want to see... ryanairfanclub'
However, as MOL seems to think, any publicity is good publicity. If people with websites of collections of (unused) airline sick bags can get themselves publicised, then anyone can !
skdjfhbsd
skdjfhbsd
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by ruinair Sun 14 Dec 2008 - 13:43

and there is a chapter about the Ruinair Fan Forum in my next book ....
ruinair
ruinair
FR Lover
FR Lover

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix Sat 10 Jan 2009 - 21:52

RFC is now referenced on :
http://aeroref.belforum.net/
in "Associations"
http://aeroref.belforum.net/fedassogov/
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by fly4w4y Thu 19 Feb 2009 - 8:42

RyanairGrad wrote:Funds? we have no funds!!Wink

Create a PayPal/Moneybookers [free] account and put a "donate button"...this is the best way to gain money for keep alive the site [...and create future fanclub stickers to apply on our baggages]. Wink

For promote the fan club, I also thought to build a free Youtube channel, where put videos made with our How Can we promote the Ryanair Fan Club? 870117 pictures...videos of our future meetings and something similar...and parallel it's possible to create How Can we promote the Ryanair Fan Club? 870117 fanclub banners, like this...

How Can we promote the Ryanair Fan Club? RyBan

...for free-exchange with other websites.

What do you think about?

Last edited by fly4w4y on Tue 17 Mar 2009 - 19:42; edited 1 time in total
fly4w4y
fly4w4y
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2009-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post by amnesia Thu 19 Feb 2009 - 9:51

Banners seems good. I also was thinking about stickers. It's normal procedure with young movement promoting their activity to do stickers and paste it in public places like trams or buses. It's usually on the end gently putted around the doors. I know it's some kind of vandalism, but youngsters activision usually are interesting and no money are involved in it. All I was thinking about is to put some stickers on somewhere on airports where travellers may see it and refer to our site after they come back. And it would be some kind of sign - "we were here" Very Happy
amnesia
amnesia
FR Lover
FR Lover

Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by don_salvatore87 Thu 19 Feb 2009 - 11:03

A small article in the Ryanair Magazine would be cool!
don_salvatore87
don_salvatore87
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 144
Location : Gothenburg, Sweden, closest airport: Gothenburg City Airport
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by fly4w4y Fri 20 Feb 2009 - 4:43

amnesia wrote:Banners seems good. I also was thinking about stickers. It's normal procedure with young movement promoting their activity to do stickers and paste it in public places like trams or buses. It's usually on the end gently putted around the doors. I know it's some kind of vandalism, but youngsters activision usually are interesting and no money are involved in it. All I was thinking about is to put some stickers on somewhere on airports where travellers may see it and refer to our site after they come back. And it would be some kind of sign - "we were here" Very Happy

+1000 cheers

don_salvatore87 wrote:A small article in the Ryanair Magazine would be cool!

I agree...but I don't know if publish an article on How Can we promote the Ryanair Fan Club? 870117 Magazine it's free or under payment. confused
fly4w4y
fly4w4y
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Back to top Go down

How Can we promote the Ryanair Fan Club? Empty Stickers.

Post by Globemaster Fri 20 Feb 2009 - 7:01

...........we do not need people going around putting Ryanair stickers all over the place ! JK
Globemaster
Globemaster
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post by fly4w4y Fri 20 Feb 2009 - 13:21

Globemaster wrote:...........we do not need people going around putting Ryanair stickers all over the place ! JK

Why not? confused
fly4w4y
fly4w4y
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Globemaster Fri 20 Feb 2009 - 19:57

...........because it IS a ' kind of vandalism ' and I would say that the group does not need to be associated with that type of activity ! JK
Globemaster
Globemaster
FR Fan
FR Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by ruinair Fri 20 Feb 2009 - 21:27

we could put a Fan site sticker with our web site address on our carry on baggage (no more than 10 kgs) so that all other passengers on flights and in airports would see it and join up .....
ruinair
ruinair
FR Lover
FR Lover

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Globemaster Fri 20 Feb 2009 - 21:40

.................on carry on baggage - that's an excellent idea ! JK
Globemaster
Globemaster
FR Fan
FR Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by fly4w4y Fri 20 Feb 2009 - 22:15

ruinair wrote:we could put a Fan site sticker with our web site address on our carry on baggage (no more than 10 kgs) so that all other passengers on flights and in airports would see it and join up .....

+1

This was the original beautiful idea about the stickers, Globemaster. Wink

Someone know if it's possible to let a sticker into the Youth Hostels or in the B&Bs?
fly4w4y
fly4w4y
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Globemaster Sat 21 Feb 2009 - 7:59

This was the original beautiful idea about the stickers, Globemaster. Wink

Yes, I know, and that idea has been emphasised (twice). The suggestion to put stickers anywhere and everywhere, without permission, is not the way to go ! - end of..... JK
Globemaster
Globemaster
FR Fan
FR Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next