Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SDR: Santander (Spain)

2 posters

Go down

SDR: Santander (Spain) Empty SDR: Santander (Spain)

Post by amnesia Wed 4 Feb 2009 - 23:19

Just a simple question, have anybody been there? Any thoughts, things I have to know, personal ideas what and how to do there? I'll be there next wednesday for 4 hours (arriving from Madrit and departing to Reus) and would like to go to the city center, especially to the beach. So could anybody recommend me some good way (which has not been written into Wiki or airport website) to do this?
Of couse I add some personal reflections after I come back :-)
amnesia
amnesia
FR Lover
FR Lover

Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

SDR: Santander (Spain) Empty Re: SDR: Santander (Spain)

Post by amnesia Sun 22 Feb 2009 - 1:30

Well, I visited this cite more than a week ago, so it's good time to write some thoughts :-)
The airport. Is located in very interesting place. I remember when we were aproaching to arrive, there was strong winds all over and the plain was shaking and dancing all the time. The culmination point of this bumpy landing was last 200 meters. We were about I don't know, 30, 40 meters above the sea level, when water permanently was under our plane. We were descending all the time, so man could think about Airbus's landing on Hudson River last month Wink Fortunatelly it was just a local bay, and the runway came in almost same time, as the ground did Wink Nice thoughts to keep in mind for a longer time Very Happy
The terminal itself is very small and modern. Ideal for two airlines like an Iberia and Ryanair with it's international connections.
Transport. Tourist information is very easy to see, and very helpfull as well. With correct and understandable english I was informed how, when and how expensive is to get to the city center. Local buses are departing right in front of arriving hall entrance's doors. The journey takes something like a 12 minutes and costs €2. Tickets to purchise at bus - drivers are not perfectly in english Wink Buses are arriving every 30 minutes, till late.
The city. Nice, small metropolitan style. Good for sailing and see enthusiasts. It was nothing special for me, but I spent only 3 hours there, so I'm quite sure I've missed many interesting places.

Airport pictures
Arrivals hall entrance
SDR: Santander (Spain) 100_9210

Departures check-in desks
SDR: Santander (Spain) 100_9211

Departures hall entrance
SDR: Santander (Spain) 100_9212

Departures hall
SDR: Santander (Spain) 100_9310

Departures hall
SDR: Santander (Spain) 100_9311

Santander city pictures
Colourfull square
SDR: Santander (Spain) 18969509

Palm trees at Antonio Lopez street
SDR: Santander (Spain) 18969536

Colourfull roundabout
SDR: Santander (Spain) 18969574

SDR: Santander (Spain) 18969621

Paseo de la Pereda
SDR: Santander (Spain) 18969667

SDR: Santander (Spain) 18969706

Los Laqueros sculpture
SDR: Santander (Spain) 18969748
amnesia
amnesia
FR Lover
FR Lover

Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by fly4w4y Sun 22 Feb 2009 - 21:18

Beautifull pictures, amnesia!
Santander looks like a coloured and effervescent city.

Just a question...

You have talked about your landing to Santander like a "particular" experience. Can you say me if it's resembled like this linked landing?

fly4w4y
fly4w4y
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2009-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down