Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Changed flight times and refund timing

4 posters

Go down

Changed flight times and refund timing Empty Changed flight times and refund timing

Post by steve Fri 30 Jan 2009 - 14:41

The flight timing has been changed from evening to early morning. Not convenient as we (3 of us) have meetings arranged for the lunchtime prior to the flight.

RA advise me by email of the change and I select the link to refund. All appears to go well with the confirmation message:

Thank you, your refund application has been accepted. Once approved your refund request will be processed by
Ryanair within 7 working days back onto the form of payment used in your booking. Your bank may then take 5 - 7
working days to process this refund amount back to your account. If you wish to contact Customer Services please
fax to 00 353 1 8121230.

My question relates to how long would I expect to wait for "Once approved" to be completed as this will impact the overall time to return my monies?

(to say nothing of the further time that RA will be holding onto my money; 7 working days + "once approved" is a joke and appears to be no more than a ploy to retain money for interest purposes).

Have to ask here as RA information says I will be charged £1 a minute to call Customer Service from UK and as I expected there appears to be no way to talk to them at a reasonable charge. Evil or Very Mad

Whilst advised 3 days ago that the flight time has been changed the flight ( Flight FR5568 on the 1st March) still shows on their site as leaving in the evening. Call me cynical but are RA trying to back-fill seats on earlier flights to maximise space for booking on later flights?

Cheers,

Steve
steve
steve
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Changed flight times and refund timing Empty Re: Changed flight times and refund timing

Post by stevestrac Fri 30 Jan 2009 - 19:49

I had a flight change to Kerry once, only by 2 hours and 5 minutes, I believe 2 hours is the maximum change without an offer of a refund. However, I was unable to go and was just going to lose the money. When the offer of a refund came through, I thought BONUS! So I duly went through the process and the funds were returned in (if memory serves me correctly) about 2 working days, I do know it wasn't long at all.
stevestrac
stevestrac
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2008-03-29

Back to top Go down

Changed flight times and refund timing Empty Re: Changed flight times and refund timing

Post by King of Ryanland Sat 31 Jan 2009 - 10:40

Have had to get a refund many times due to route cancellations or time changes over the past few years and it has never been a problem. "Once approved" can take up to 14 working days, but definitely not more! I can confirm what stevestrac wrote. It normally takes just around 1 to maximally 2 weeks from the date you filled out and sent the form.
King of Ryanland
King of Ryanland
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by steve Sun 1 Feb 2009 - 16:27

Thankyou for the information.

Another question.

My booking is/was a return flight - UK to Spain and return. Via the cancellation options I have only cancelled the return part of my booking and cancelled the 2 one way trips for my friends. My cancellations were accepted with the message in the original post. As yet there has been no email to me revising my booking as only a one way trip.

I have just looked at the 2 bookings information online and it shows the 3 of us as "validated" with the Spain to UK leg shhowing at the morning time!!!

I can keep checking the bookings for the cancellation/refund information but how long should I wait and how, if necessary, can I contact RA at no cost to myself?

Cheers,

Steve

We travel UK to Spain (Alicante) maybe 30 times a year. As RA have opened flights to Alicante then thought I would give them ago - not having a good experience with them at the moment!
steve
steve
FR Fan
FR Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by steve Tue 3 Feb 2009 - 14:16

Well RyanAir Reservations "your lines may be exceptionally busy today and you thank me for holding" but not for 15 minutes and depleting my mobile phone bill by £6.50.

For info - Ryanair Reservations direct dial no is 0035 312 480856 (from saynoto0870 website).

Our return flights seem to be at status "confirmed" and I have no way of reasonably contacting Ryanair to say "no they aren't - I cancelled them when you moved the flights forward by about 8 hours using the links you provided to me in an email offering me the option to cancel".

Anyone got an email address for reservations? TIA

Edit: these email addresses seem to work: Smile

penstonm@ryanair.com,walshg@ryanair.com,itinerary@ryanair.com,KellyG@ryanair.com
cc
greenc@ryanair.com,
oneills@ryanair.com

Last edited by steve on Tue 3 Feb 2009 - 14:49; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional information)
steve
steve
FR Fan
FR Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by steve Wed 11 Feb 2009 - 10:25

King of Ryanland wrote:Have had to get a refund many times due to route cancellations or time changes over the past few years and it has never been a problem. "Once approved" can take up to 14 working days, but definitely not more! I can confirm what stevestrac wrote. It normally takes just around 1 to maximally 2 weeks from the date you filled out and sent the form.

Well, it's 2 weeks today and the return flight is still showing as confirmed and no sign of any monies or any communication from Ryanair (I know my email communications have been received and read). I'll give them till the end of the week to contact me and if there is no contact or communication from them I will invoke Moneyclaim Laughing https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco2/index.jsp

Last edited by steve on Wed 11 Feb 2009 - 10:27; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarification)
steve
steve
FR Fan
FR Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by steve Thu 12 Feb 2009 - 8:48

So a partial refund is made.

I paid in £'s and then they credit in €'s so RA make a profit and I lose out. They can pay me or I will claim Evil or Very Mad

Quote from RA T's & C's
If your flight is cancelled or before the date of travel, is rescheduled so as to depart more than three hours before or after the original departure time then you will be entitled to a travel credit or full refund of all monies paid if the alternative flight/s offered are not suitable to you and you do not travel.

To: info@frsc.net
cc: penstonm@ryanair.com
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 07:37:42 +0000
Subject: Refund against booking reference WYMWMT
Thankyou for the partial refund you have made to my account re the above booking.
At the time of booking the debit taken was £72.96p and a £1.50p Visa Electron service charge
The money you have refunded is £64.27p and the £1.50p service charge.
You have therefore underpaid by £8.69p
Please correct the error and make the appropriate return (within 5 working days)

Failure to make this payment, or no contact from you on this matter, and I will make a claim via https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco2/index.jsp

Regards,

Steve

Last edited by steve on Thu 12 Feb 2009 - 9:33; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : reference to RA terms and conditions)
steve
steve
FR Fan
FR Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by steve Sun 1 Mar 2009 - 7:20

Well, I flew out from GTW to ALI on Wednesday evening and had a pleasant flight; plane not packed and I had 3 seats to myself so I could stretch out. Plane left on time, cabin crew were attentive and we landed 20 mins early (but most flights from UK do). Overall price I paid was £5.20 - so all in all on this leg well pleased.

So why did RA change my/our flight back from this evening to early morning? (the evening flight is still scheduled) so that my overall rating of RA is poor and we won't fly with them again.
Packing right now to fly back BA.
steve
steve
FR Fan
FR Fan

Back to top Go down

Changed flight times and refund timing Empty and??

Post by Rich00cap Fri 6 Mar 2009 - 1:48

What happened Steve? Did you get a full refund ar/or an explanatiob as to why they short changed you by nearly nine quid?

To: info@frsc.net
cc: penstonm@ryanair.com
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 07:37:42 +0000
Subject: Refund against booking reference WYMWMT
Thankyou for the partial refund you have made to my account re the above booking.
At the time of booking the debit taken was £72.96p and a £1.50p Visa Electron service charge
The money you have refunded is £64.27p and the £1.50p service charge.
You have therefore underpaid by £8.69p
Please correct the error and make the appropriate return (within 5 working days)

Failure to make this payment, or no contact from you on this matter, and I will make a claim via https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco2/index.jsp

Regards,

Steve[/quote]
Rich00cap
Rich00cap
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by steve Sat 7 Mar 2009 - 8:16

Nothing heard - as expected. Talking to Moneyclaim now as to whether it's appropriate to serve papers on Ryanair at their Stansted location. Claim letter has gone to their Ireland address; they have 6 more days in which to formally reply.
steve
steve
FR Fan
FR Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down