Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No fees on Mastercard Prepaid, says MOL.

+6
photon
Joe Bloggs
MrHoyt
danieln
atoutprix
dohouch
10 posters

Go down

No fees on Mastercard Prepaid, says MOL. Empty No fees on Mastercard Prepaid, says MOL.

Post by dohouch Sun 29 Nov 2009 - 9:58

We had Michael O Leary on the radio here (  ROI, RTE Radio 1 ) on Saturday for 50 minutes, giving an interview to Marian Finucane.  He said that in the new year Ryanair would start processing "Mastercard Prepaid" on a "No  Fees" basis. Also said possibility of more European destinations from Knock and Kerry with the wind-down of Shannon.P.S. You might be able to get this interview as a podcast on RTE in a few days time.
dohouch
dohouch
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-07-06

Back to top Go down

No fees on Mastercard Prepaid, says MOL. Empty Re: No fees on Mastercard Prepaid, says MOL.

Post by atoutprix Mon 30 Nov 2009 - 13:57

Official announcement today :

http://www.ryanair.com/en/news/gen-en-301109
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

No fees on Mastercard Prepaid, says MOL. Empty Re: No fees on Mastercard Prepaid, says MOL.

Post by danieln Mon 30 Nov 2009 - 16:47

To be honest I have no idea where to get these prepaid Master cards in Belgium...
danieln
danieln
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix Mon 30 Nov 2009 - 17:12

Neither have I ...
Not at Dexia, nor at BNP Paribas Fortis, I have called them to make sure. And I can't find another bank that offers it on its website. Western Union doesn't do it in Belgium either, it seems.
If somebody can help ?
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by MrHoyt Mon 30 Nov 2009 - 17:24

Entropay gives you a real plastic prepaid mastercard för 4.99 including worldwide delivery. Dunno if it will work with ryan though...
MrHoyt
MrHoyt
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by dohouch Mon 30 Nov 2009 - 18:20

Some of the options for getting a Mastercard prepaid in Ireland have quite a lot of charges , Payzone.ie = Min€3.50 to load card, 2.9% of ammount spent, and €3.50 a month after 3 months if the card is not used "Dormancy charge" People could also look here   -- http://public.neteller.com/content/global/cards_index.htm. Would like to see if someone can do a ( fee free ) booking with Mastercard Prepaid from Entropay.  The people at Entropay don't yet know if Ryanair will be accepting their Mastercard prepaid card.
dohouch
dohouch
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Bloggs Mon 30 Nov 2009 - 18:44

After an hour or so of surfing the net I`ve registered fo a pre paid Mastercard.

Most of them have charges either for the card, monthly fees or for transactions.

The one of chosen is with Phones 4 U.

It`s £10 fee for the card but then it should be free to use with no monthly fee to pay.

I suppose I`ll keep the Electron though as some other budget airlines still accept it without charges.

I wonder where the goalposts will move next???

Regards

Joe Bloggs
Joe Bloggs
Joe Bloggs
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2009-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post by photon Mon 30 Nov 2009 - 21:40

Well, it looks like this is the end for my visa electron card. Will take the advice of Joe Bloggs and make that one off payment at phones4u for the pre-paid Mastercard.
Any method to avoid losing £10 per transaction.
photon
photon
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2009-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by danieln Mon 30 Nov 2009 - 21:51

trollhattan wrote:Entropay gives you a real plastic prepaid mastercard för 4.99 including worldwide delivery. Dunno if it will work with ryan though...

Thanks Trollhattan. I have ordered my plastic prepaid Master Card. Curious if it will work. As soon as I have the card delivered to Belgium, I will post my experiences here. Looks like Entropay is helping us once again :-) ...!
danieln
danieln
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Back to top Go down

Post by danieln Mon 30 Nov 2009 - 21:54

I hope there are some € 0,01 flight deals over the next few weeks. As I still have GBP 2,61 on my Visa Electron card, I might do some 261 more flights...! :-)
danieln
danieln
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Back to top Go down

Post by photon Mon 30 Nov 2009 - 22:00

The Escape card seems a good choice, no monthly fees or transaction charges. No top up fees on some methods.

http://www.compareprepaid.co.uk/reviews/escape-card.html

Much better than the cards I looked at previously: http://www.what-prepaid-card.co.uk/features/compare-cards-prepaid.html

Still got 1 month left with my visa electron.
photon
photon
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2009-10-13

Back to top Go down

No fees on Mastercard Prepaid, says MOL. Empty mastercard prepaid in sweden

Post by normunds Tue 1 Dec 2009 - 10:08

Found this alternative from Goyada:
Issue fee 100 sek and recharge fee 20 sek
Anonymous
normunds

Back to top Go down

No fees on Mastercard Prepaid, says MOL. Empty removal of free electron

Post by Rich00cap Wed 2 Dec 2009 - 16:37

This really is a complete disgrace. After relentlessly promoting Electron for years, forcing millions to open up entirely seperate bank accounts just to avoid the extortionate and disproportionate fees, they suddenly pull the rug from under our feet and tell us to apply for a pre paid mastercard. Outrageous. How long before they switch to another free payment scheme in the not too distant future leaving passengers with another obselete card in our wallets?
We need a level playing field here and as loyal fans/passengers we deserve some reward for this loyalty. Why not have a card transaction fee that actually REFLECTS THE ACTUAL CHARGE? By that I mean no free methods, just fair ones. If you want to pay by credit card, fine, just pay the relevant processing fee. Why should ryanair or any company for that matter be allowed to make a profit on the customer's chosen payment method?
I think ryanair are testing the patience of their loyal fare paying passengers severely here.
Rich00cap
Rich00cap
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

No fees on Mastercard Prepaid, says MOL. Empty Get A pre Pay mastercard

Post by g4set Thu 3 Dec 2009 - 22:30

You can get a Pre pay mastercard at
more4less.org.uk
It costs £9.99 and if you sign up for the other services you get up to 30% off your utility bill by way of
a 5% cashback everytime you shop at our partner stores in the UK
even on all your food and petrol at sainsburys
plus Argos boots homebase etc
Check out full details at the web site
Anonymous
g4set

Back to top Go down

Post by rbannocks Fri 4 Dec 2009 - 13:05

Note that Pre-payment cards in the UK do not get protection for purchases under the consumer credit act and are not covered by the FSA compensation scheme. If the bank issuing the card goes bust then you will loose all the money accrued on the card. This no doubt lowers the costs; but, is far from clear from most of the bumph on most of these cards.
rbannocks
rbannocks
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-12-04

Back to top Go down

No fees on Mastercard Prepaid, says MOL. Empty purchase protection prepaid cards

Post by crcessex Tue 8 Dec 2009 - 16:44

There are some prepaid cards that offer purchase protection but you need to be a uk resident. Here are the ones i have found so far

http://www.compareprepaid.co.uk/purchase-protection.html
crcessex
crcessex
FR Starter
FR Starter

Registration date : 2009-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Upeer Tue 8 Dec 2009 - 18:18

Has anyone done some research in UK for the cheapest Maestro Prepaid?
Anonymous
Upeer

Back to top Go down

Post by crcessex Tue 8 Dec 2009 - 18:39

There are only a few main providers of prepaid maestro cards, here are the best ones

Tuxedo - variable tariffs available
http://www.compareprepaid.co.uk/prepaid-cards/credit/tuxedo-prepaid-maestro-card.html

White Eagle prepaid card - Fixed monthly fee of £3.95
http://www.compareprepaid.co.uk/reviews/white-eagle-prepaid-card.html

Splash Plastic - Pay as you go option - charge 2.5%
http://www.compareprepaid.co.uk/reviews/splash-prepaid-card-review.html

you are best off sticking to Prepaid MasterCards
crcessex
crcessex
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by jferreira20 Tue 8 Dec 2009 - 19:51

You could Neteller. Neteller is a e-wallet that works as a prepaid mastercard.
jferreira20
jferreira20
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

No fees on Mastercard Prepaid, says MOL. Empty problems with application process

Post by crcessex Tue 8 Dec 2009 - 19:59

you could but there have been problems with the application process and their back end system, we have received several complaints from people using the Altair backend.
crcessex
crcessex
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by danieln Wed 9 Dec 2009 - 1:58

Entropay have officially announced that their card suits Ryanair travellers.
danieln
danieln
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down