Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NOW find CHEAPEST Ryanair (and not only Ryanair) fares EVER!

+28
nickpma
Mdv2
tommimalina
jferreira20
titasas
LV66
krayu
Slennox
Brigata
omega
photon
trasys
DydBoy
Mic
Arno
widey158
pR0SiAczek
Ryanairflyer
Master_Dn
RyanAdmin
Marcozzo71
Vanderel
sonof
underfish
MrHoyt
ruinair
amnesia
tobi_boi
32 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

NOW find CHEAPEST Ryanair (and not only Ryanair) fares EVER! - Page 3 Empty Re: NOW find CHEAPEST Ryanair (and not only Ryanair) fares EVER!

Post by tobi_boi Wed 16 Sep 2009 - 3:41

Widey158! I´m so excited to read these first positive impressions! Doing multiple leg indeed required extra mental acrobatics so it´s good to hear that it was worth it Smile

I will research upon your suggestions seriously, they seem very sound and I like them, some will certainly take priority over other items in my long TO DO list. For now I will just shortly address the second item in your list -- already in thisversion you can enter airport codes in Flying from? and Flying to? textboxes and they will be automatically converted to the cities (item no. 8 in one of my posts above), try it out. Talk to you very soon now off to sleep
tobi_boi
tobi_boi
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-03-19

Back to top Go down

NOW find CHEAPEST Ryanair (and not only Ryanair) fares EVER! - Page 3 Empty Re: NOW find CHEAPEST Ryanair (and not only Ryanair) fares EVER!

Post by pR0SiAczek Wed 16 Sep 2009 - 13:42

every version released i'm pretty shocked what man can do! it's marvellous stuff.

cant wait for multiple leg search with price limits Very Happy as soon as it comes real azuon becomes "a penny tour planner". not to complain today, because 2leg search is enough to find some great opportunities to visit places for as little as possible, mostly.

as for next LCC i vote for Wizzair - with great number of destinations in common with FR (but with another, complementary routes) and by far less expensive than AirBerlin or AirBaltic.
pR0SiAczek
pR0SiAczek
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by widey158 Wed 16 Sep 2009 - 15:14

Thank You, thank you for the airport code search. did not notice it before, my bad Smile

Another thing I thought could be useful:

- When searching for 2-leg flights in few months of time, I noticed Azuon always searches ALL possible flights. I mean for example if lets say Ryanair flies from Birmingham to Dusseldorf (Weeze) only on Tuesdays and Sundays and our final destination (Marseille) only has flight on Fridays from Weeze, it still looks for every week till the end of your date-range, even though on the very first searched week Azuon and user already knew there are no connection available there in X hours of time.

Now I know Ryanair changes schedules and this can be important, so why not to make something like "Quick search" which would assume that if in the first week connection is not available it would not search in the remaining of date range, but hop on next possible connection. This would save enormous amount of searching time and would be extremely useful if 3 or 4-leg connection flights comes to life. And then unticking Quick Search would mean it searches everything and then includes every possible flight time change

- Extend max possible stopover time to 36 or 48 hours -- Some people are crazy (me!)

- And then yeah, I agree Wizzair HAS to be the next carrier Smile Also think of Jet2.com, which usually always offers very competitive one-way prices from UK (and the back leg can be with Ryanair :p)

- I agree that Azuon could become Penny Tour Planner! Also in the long run think of integrating Wikitravel.org (which has guides of many cities in many languagesin the world in the Azuon), so it could be like an user searches to fly anywhere, findsa place, has no clue what's there, clicks on link and voilia, all info included shuttle prices and stuff to do/sleep in the city. But this feature is not of main importance, I know. Still, not hard to do. Similiar integration could be done with Hostel World, so once an user narrows his search (to some fifteen 1 gbp flights) program could automatically show top 3 cheapest accommodation prices for 1, 2 person etc.

Just trying to think of everything how this programcould become greater!

P.S. If you need anyone helping with the website, I could do some help. Got some knowledge in PHP, HTML, as well as some basic design. Probably not as good as yours, but if someone gets to work with the site, someone gets more time to work with azuon Smile

Last edited by widey158 on Wed 16 Sep 2009 - 15:22; edited 1 time in total
widey158
widey158
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcozzo71 Wed 16 Sep 2009 - 15:18

Hi Toby and everybody.

I am testing your great application at home (Vista) and in a couple of days I will let you know my impressions (but everything seems to be ok).

At work (PC with XP and behind a proxy server which requires authentication) on the other hand every time I start Azuon I get the following message "Error on the remote server: (407) Proxy authentication request" and soon after "Routes for easyJet have not been fetched successfully!" (but no route is loaded)

Maybe the problem is only mine so I don't want to bother with such details but if there is a way to solve the case I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

PS I hope you don't mind if I promote Azuon in one of the most famous travel-related forums in Italy (zingarate.com)
Marcozzo71
Marcozzo71
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi_boi Wed 16 Sep 2009 - 22:42

Hi Marcozzo,

I think your error at work should be dealt with so I did some research today. I uploaded a new version of Azuon that provides default system credentials to the proxy server if there is one (to other people: no need to download the new version if you don't use proxy, as of now that's the only fix).

In case it still doesn't work, you will need to set your proxy settings in Control Panel->Internet Options->Connections->LAN settings->Proxy server section (tell me what was there before you set it however). Can you access Internet with Internet Explorer at work?

I will be very thankful if you promote Azuon on zingarate.com or anywhere else. In fact, I had already seen your posts there previosly, and I was sad to read that somebody complained that they don't like that Azuon needs to be installed and needs .NET framework. [If I knew Italian I could talk there about advantages of having this search engine as a desktop application rather than a website, e.g. no airline could block Azuon on your computer, adn they could block requests from azuon.com at any time].
tobi_boi
tobi_boi
FR Fan
FR Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi_boi Wed 16 Sep 2009 - 22:42

Hi Widey, and thank you for writing down some of my thoughts too!

I am myself concerned with the ways to speed up the search while not losing ability to find all flights. The idea of the quick search mode sounds good.

The next airline to be hacked will then be Wizzair if voting has finished Smile. By the way, I am looking for somebody to help me with adding new airlines. This is a pretty simple job but takes time. Take a look at Azuon\doc folder, so one such file plus one little C# class per airline. If names such as Fiddle/Firebug, Regular expressions and C# do not sound too scary for you, give me a call.

Regarding the website, do contact me by my private email (in About section of Azuon), I want to talk to you seriously, your help in making the website will be very, very appreciated. There was another guy interested in the website affairs (I think amnesia, are you reading this? or you justify your nick Smile), but I haven't heard from him since June.

Tobi
tobi_boi
tobi_boi
FR Fan
FR Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcozzo71 Thu 17 Sep 2009 - 9:34

Hi Tobi.

Unfortunately it doesn't work yet and I get the same error as before.

At work I can access Internet with IE (and other browsers) but I am requested to enter user and password for the proxy (in Control Panel->Internet Options->Connections->LAN settings->Proxy server section I entered proxy address and port)

Now, when I start Azuon, user and pwd are not requested so I think that Azuon "doesn't know" yet that it has to access the Internet through a proxy.

thanks

Marcozzo

tobi_boi wrote:Hi Marcozzo,

I think your error at work should be dealt with so I did some research today. I uploaded a new version of Azuon that provides default system credentials to the proxy server if there is one (to other people: no need to download the new version if you don't use proxy, as of now that's the only fix).

In case it still doesn't work, you will need to set your proxy settings in Control Panel->Internet Options->Connections->LAN settings->Proxy server section (tell me what was there before you set it however). Can you access Internet with Internet Explorer at work?

I will be very thankful if you promote Azuon on zingarate.com or anywhere else. In fact, I had already seen your posts there previosly, and I was sad to read that somebody complained that they don't like that Azuon needs to be installed and needs .NET framework. [If I knew Italian I could talk there about advantages of having this search engine as a desktop application rather than a website, e.g. no airline could block Azuon on your computer, adn they could block requests from azuon.com at any time].
Marcozzo71
Marcozzo71
FR Fan
FR Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by amnesia Thu 17 Sep 2009 - 11:01

Hi Tobi!
Yes, it probable was me :-) Well, I've been working on that cms all the time but as far as Grad is not responding my mails anymore I think it will be a project hidden in the archive, or if somebody would like to get it. Anyway, I'm little bit busy right now (almost final exam on studies in monday) but give me a PM with terms and options you'd like to be on the website. If it's nothing hard to do I can manage that. Design help from anybody might be helpfull as I know graphic softwares, but have no sence to produce any good looking design Wink
About present version - wow :-) Widey was partially right about airp. codes as I coudn't find it very easy. I mean for example I was looking for Forli location which is signed as FRL one. If I was typing FRL the HHN airport was highlighted. I didn't know that I must press the enter button to make the Forli un/selected. This may make some strange behavior Wink
I agree with fasting the searches but this option with recognizing days of flights should only apply and be clearly marked as in something like "fast search mode". It's sometimes realy hard to recognize the routes schedule without some DB, as the company sometimes is pushing an additional flight for one month only or so. So this way the search engine may lost few nice connections and should be tagged somehow special.
The other thing which made me hazy on the first testing, was splitting incoming and outcoming flights. If you have about 300 options shown, it's sometimes hard to scroll the page down and find your backflight. In multiple leg flights it's understandable, but in one leg it might be presented like in previous versions of Azuon. I don't know, probable I just used to it Wink
Stopover time could be extended imho. It's not because of crazy ppl. It's because the stopover makes nice opportunity to visit the place...
Of course let me know if you plan some help or language translations of your soft :-)
amnesia
amnesia
FR Lover
FR Lover

Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi_boi Thu 17 Sep 2009 - 13:36

In that case, you have to provide credentials and other info via command line arguments. To do this, download and install Azuon again (check in About tab whether you have downloaded version 1.0.6 just in case), and then right click on an Azuon.exe shortcut (the one on Desktop or in All Programs) and attach parameter -proxy to the already existing text in "Target" textbox, with its arguments in the following form:

-proxy PROXYPATH PROXYPORT USERNAME PASSWORD

where CAPITALIZED words are variables. For instance, the textbox could after your editing look like:

"c:\program files\Azuon\bin\azuon.exe" -proxy myproxy.com 8080 marcozzo i_luv_ryanair

If any of your arguments (password) contains a space, surround it with " ".

If it doesn't work now, I dunno anymore Smile.

Last edited by tobi_boi on Thu 17 Sep 2009 - 13:51; edited 1 time in total
tobi_boi
tobi_boi
FR Fan
FR Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi_boi Thu 17 Sep 2009 - 13:44

Hi Amnesia!

amnesia wrote:
This may make some strange behavior Wink

I understand the confusion, I will change this in the next version. However, as it is now it behaves consistently and produces no strange behavior.

amnesia wrote:
If you have about 300 options shown, it's sometimes hard to scroll the page down and find your backflight.

That's why you have "suggested two way fares" tab!
tobi_boi
tobi_boi
FR Fan
FR Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcozzo71 Thu 17 Sep 2009 - 15:17

EASYJET works perfectly. NOW find CHEAPEST Ryanair (and not only Ryanair) fares EVER! - Page 3 Icon_cheers

As regards Ryanair and TUIfly the description of the error is now different. NOW find CHEAPEST Ryanair (and not only Ryanair) fares EVER! - Page 3 Icon_mad

It lasts a blink and without a log file it is difficult to see, but I'm quite sure it was "Error 503" that means (I'm not an expert and I'm not sure the meaning is correct) "the server took too long to answer and the connection timed out"

Thank you again
Marcozzo71
Marcozzo71
FR Fan
FR Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arno Sat 19 Sep 2009 - 14:07

i have no problems or something, however the search is a little slow...
but it does the job perfect! thank you so much!
Arno
Arno
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi_boi Sat 19 Sep 2009 - 14:17

I'll be working on that, for now you can just uncheck Multileg search if you don't need it.
tobi_boi
tobi_boi
FR Fan
FR Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by widey158 Wed 23 Sep 2009 - 15:35

If searching EasyJet doesn't work for you, go to Azuon\dat\easyjet.dat and edit the very first line:

Code:
http://easyjet.com/en

To

Code:
http://www.easyjet.com/en
widey158
widey158
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcozzo71 Mon 28 Sep 2009 - 10:07

Hi Tobi.

I'm sending you some proposals/opinions about Azuon. Some of them have already been suggested by other users (think of it as a poll!)

1. speed up wide mono/multileg researches
* skip current search if there are no results in the first "x" weeks (or days, etc)
* search only weekdays in which azuon found results in the first "x" weeks (or days, etc)
* create an online central database, used by azuon, for faster fetching by other users (not older than "y" days)
* (previous "conditions" should be used alone or together)

2. Add another argument to commands "-since" and "-until": a variable like "today" and "today + z" (where "z" are days) would be useful because you don't need to change parameters every day (did I make myself understood enough? I'm sure it's easier to make than to explain!)

3. possibility to view the content of the various tabs (routes, return, multileg, etc) during the research AND/OR add a "pause button" (when I run a search I often forget the parameters I set)

4. next airline should be "Wizzair"

5. outward and return fares (same date) should appear in the same row even if there is more than one flight (or multileg flight) a day

thank you for what you made and will make

Marcozzo
Marcozzo71
Marcozzo71
FR Fan
FR Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi_boi Thu 8 Oct 2009 - 16:23

A new version 1.1 is available (download now from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] the major new stuff is:

1) Wizz Air added
2) Jaw trips generation (e.g. BRE - GRO - HAM, or even double jawed BRE - GRO - BCN - HAM).
3) Search within radius option, e.g. you can specify that you are willing to fly from/to any airport in the 300km vicinity of your chosen origin(s)/destination(s).
4) You can now skip direct route search (as you may already know that they are not operated in your time range, or are ridiculously expensive), and go for multileg search directly.
5) Outbound and return fares are now in separated tabs.
6) Note the occasional * in the found fares.

IMPORTANT: This release fixes at least 2 major bugs that might have caused your copy to crash or display incorrect prices. You should definitely upgrade to this version.

Coming soon: three leg fares, fuzzy search, and many of your other suggestions and my ideas.
Coming next year: Azuon website.

Thanks for 111 downloads guys!

Tobi
tobi_boi
tobi_boi
FR Fan
FR Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mic Thu 8 Oct 2009 - 17:24

tobi_boi wrote:A new version 1.1 is available (download now from [url=http://www.azuon.com/Azuon.msi)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Looks Great!

No more crashes on my system!
Mic
Mic
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by DydBoy Tue 20 Oct 2009 - 23:36

I've just registered myself on this website to give a really ENORMOUS thanks to tobi_boi for his fantastic work.

I'm often using Azuon software and everytime I just end up thanking tobi_boi without even knowing him for that masterpiece.

Expecially when I get some awesome multileg trip NOW find CHEAPEST Ryanair (and not only Ryanair) fares EVER! - Page 3 Icon_biggrin

I'm suggesting your software to all my friends and all of them are your fans right now.

Keep up the great work man and thank you again.!
DydBoy
DydBoy
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by trasys Mon 16 Nov 2009 - 21:06

hi

I was just wondering if Azuon is working under Windows 7 ?? Because i tried to install it, but its not working

Greetings
trasys
trasys
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Mic Mon 16 Nov 2009 - 23:34

trasys wrote:I was just wondering if Azuon is working under Windows 7

Azuon is working under Windows 7.
Mic
Mic
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by photon Mon 23 Nov 2009 - 20:37

Don't publish this online (except here) or obtain a small fee for using the software search facility.
Ryanair is a point to point airline and doesn't allow any third party to sell Ryanair flights. Only this is possible by buying direct from their website.
Ryanair have previously prosecuted those that sell Ryanair flights as a third party.

It is a great idea though, but don't make it publicly available if it violates Ryanair in any way.
photon
photon
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2009-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Master_Dn Mon 23 Nov 2009 - 23:22

photon I don't think you understood the purpose of this software...

tobi_boi, keep up the good work !
Master_Dn
Master_Dn
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by sonof Fri 11 Dec 2009 - 20:07

The download link working for everyone else? I don't seem to be able to download the Azuon.msi at the moment.
sonof
sonof
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcozzo71 Fri 11 Dec 2009 - 21:56

the same for me
Marcozzo71
Marcozzo71
FR Fan
FR Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by sonof Sat 12 Dec 2009 - 16:27

Can anyone share the installation file for the latest 1.2 version? It's currently offline at azuon.com
sonof
sonof
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next